Ok, I have another confession.
I LOVE politics. And for as long as I can remember I have always loved it. I'm fascinated by the process, by the history, by the strategy, by the people and even by the varied opinions. But, sometimes I am very aware of the fact that politics is just high brow reality tv. And then I love it even more!
Pass the popcorn and junior mints cuz this week in the presidential race has been one to rival the best episode on any reality tv and I LOVE IT! This show couldn't have been cast better if they had held auditions first.....Obama- charismatic, minority on the rise with a wife who is at his side every step of the way and can't keep her mouth shut. Hillary, the old pro who is fighting for her political life, and don't mess with her when her back is to the wall, with a husband who can't keep his mouth shut. Add the crazy "misunderstood" Wright- who has an opinion on everything and is looking to share it with everyone, and then the cast of thousands who offer commentary on every angle of this political episode. Oh yea, and then there's McCain. If he can keep his stuff together and win a challenge or two, he just may be the last one voted off the island.
And the best part is.....we're on the jury!
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Reality TV, part II
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
It makes me happy that you like politics...mostly because it makes up for how much I hate it, and now I don't have to feel so guilty! Maybe if I use your reality show twist I could love it more. Hmmm...no, not working.
Post a Comment