Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ironman Movie Review

My Honey and I went to see Ironman yesterday and I can give you a one word review.......
FANTASTIC!!!!!

A more than one word review:
It lives up to the hype, and how often does a movie do that? It has everything, lots of action, great bad guys, a likable hero, a non whiny heroine, high tech stunts, and a story line that keeps things moving.
Robert Downey Jr. was the perfect hero- flawed, charismatic, earnest. His bad boy past lends
itself to this part, and makes him all the more sympathetic. Gwenth Paltrow played the side kick secretary and did it with a perfect mix of sexy and awkward. Terence Howard was the army guy who was....a......good guy. Yep, can you believe it? A Hollywood movie with a military guy as a good guy. A shocker. Ready for more? A government secret agency guy played by Clark Gregg from 'The New Adventures of Old Christine' (love that show) played another good guy!
I love to support a movie that doesn't depict our government as the bad guy and isn't trying to sneak their "anti war" agenda into a movie. No sane person is really pro war, but I believe in Teddy Roosevelt's 'speak softly and carry a big stick' philosophy. This movie does a great job with that message- if you can picture Teddy's stick as a multi-billion dollar high tech suit of armour and weaponry. I can!

The movie doesn't cater to the die hard comic book crowd, and I wasn't familiar at all with the whole Ironman story. But, geek status is not required to enjoy the movie. I give the movie 5 stars!

Make sure to stay after the credits, save some popcorn- the credits are long- for a little clip that lays the ground work for the sequel. WooHoo! Can't wait.

A link to the movie web site:

http://ironmanmovie.marvel.com/

2 comments:

Krista said...

Thanks for the review. Ron and I are going on Saturday. So what's the youngest age the movie is appropriate for?

erin black said...

Wow, I might just have to go see this. I could score points with my husband and even enjoy it. Hmmm, what a concept!