Monday, April 7, 2008

Wargames!

The other day I drove my son out to the outdoor paintball place. We had never been there before so we didn't know what to expect. After driving and driving to get to the outskirts of town, we rounded the corner of an orchard road and saw a bunch of cars and trucks and men and boys standing around with paintball guns, some in camo, most in just dirty jeans and
t-shirts. Behind a large netting screen, there was an open field with hills and barrels, and some makeshift forts.
When I saw that all laid out in front of me, my heart started pounding and I could feel my adrenline surge. Oh my stars it looked SO FUN!!!! I wanted to jump out of the car, grab a gun and play too. I'm sure not everyone rounding the corner on that road would have had the same reaction, and I wonder what makes some people like that kind of stuff.
I didn't stay and play, but my son had a blast and says that the outdoor is way more fun than the indoor. He says it's a workout running around the field and crouching for long periods of time. Just the sort of thing I am not in shape for.
I can just imagine how excited all those guys would be to have the 40 something out of shape GIRL on their team. Who cares, right?! I am playing this summer, and I'm going to have some fun!

0 comments: