Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

I just had a birthday, and I'm not hesitant to say that I am now 42. I'm at a strange place in my life, one that only other women who have gone through it understand. My whole adult life has been about my kids. Being a mom, and a darn good one, was the most important thing to me. My days were spent reading to my kids or reading about how to help my kids, how to make their life better. I was a professional mom, clipping coupons, trading work for things for my kids, even homeschooling for six years.

Now two of my three kids are old enough to not need me much at all, and don't really want my help most of the time, and aren't around much. My baby is 12 and her needs aren't very demanding. So I have enough time and age left to think about what I want to be when I grow up. I'm ready for a new challenge and even looking forward to it.

However, I know I'll keep the most important job I'll ever have- being a mother. It may be part time now, instead of full time, but it's a job I want to keep and will still be my number one priority. Whether my kids like it or not! Someday they'll like it-again.

1 comments:

erin black said...

Happy Birthday Natalie! It was so fun to get your comment on my blog! I've had fun reading yours and learning about your family. Isn't it weird to "suddenly" be out of the diaper bag/waking up all night/kissing owies stage?? When did that happen??? And when did we get over 40? Impossible! I'll be back--love your blog!!