Friday, April 25, 2008

Expelled The Movie

I download quite a few conservative podcasts and at the beginning of each one for the last month has been an ad for Ben Stein's 'Expelled, The Movie'. I've been looking forward to this movie- and not just for an end to the constant stream of ads.

Here is a brief description of the movie from Ed Morissey on Hot Air (a great blog to bookmark):

The documentary features Ben Stein on a quest to understand the near-hysteria caused by scientists who so much as broach the idea of intelligent design in papers or in research. It follows Stein as he interviews professors denied tenure, editors fired, and journalists shunned for touching the subject even at its most innocuous levels.

I went to see it with my friend Becky. She was a good choice because I could count on her to completely agree with me. I wasn't in the mood to hurt someone to get my point across.
I loved it. It was a documentary as only Ben Stein could do it- with lots of Ben Stein past project references, dry humor, sharp wit, and lots of deep information. The information presented was a little one sided, but, hey, isn't that what you get on the evening news, in the newspaper and most mainstream talking points- lots of one sided information. So it was nice to hear the other side, and there were times I wanted to yell "Amen!, you go Ben!" Becky wouldn't have stopped me, but I restrained myself.

So go see it, take your friends, take your kids (you can give them extra credit for seeing a documentary!) Just a warning: there are a couple of graphic holocaust scenes, so kids who are too young to see that probably shouldn't go. But, at that age they probably couldn't sit through a documentary anyway.

When you go, don't stop yourself from clapping at the end of the movie. And you can yell, "Amen, you go Ben!" I won't stop you!

1 comments:

Becky said...

AMEN!!! Wild clapping and insane cheering going on. Was it really one-sided? I thought he was pretty mellow (except for those Hitler references--tee hee) Stu took Kyle on Saturday and they totally loved it too! I'll keep spreading the word