Thursday, April 24, 2008

That's Some Progress!

I dragged Elle to parent/teacher conference yesterday. She asked me if she had to go. Are you kidding me? If a child asks if they HAVE to go to a parent teacher conference that's a pretty big clue they NEED to be at said parent/teacher conference.

After giving her the evil eye ( I do it really well ) I asked her why she didn't want to go.
"Just cuz it's boring," she said. Ya, right. Time for a little chat with my 6th grader.
It turns out she was worried about her grade in one class and about some attitude problems that teacher said she was having. I reassured her we would talk with her teacher and work it out, and work harder on her grade.

Here is where I pause for the *GAG WARNING* If you can't handle over the top parent bragging, leave now and don't say you weren't warned.

The grade she was worried about? .....a...... B ! Oh the horror!!!!
What a slacker.
All her other grades were A's. And every single teacher told us how much they enjoyed having her in class, how kind she is and how helpful, and how honest, how smart, how talented. I even had a teacher stop me in the hall who my daughter doesn't even have, to tell me how helpful my daughter is and how considerate.

Luckily this is just a progress report so she has time to work on that bad grade and fix all those behavior problems.

1 comments:

Becky said...

What a rebel! I think you should immediately administer 9 lashes with a wet noodle. :-)

No really, I think she must be just like her mother! (I enjoy truffles and toffee...)