Monday, November 10, 2008

HOPE

Ok, so Obama won. It's not the end of the world- I HOPE. The night of the election I watched returns for awhile, but as things started to look bad I couldn't watch anymore. I went to bed with my stomach in knots and a whole night full of nightmares looming. I think I've had a little taste of what the "other side" has gone through for EIGHT years. My only satisfaction is that I don't think "my side" will have eight years of frustration and bitterness because I don't think Obama will win again. Here's HOPE-ing! The person the people voted for is not the same person that was elected and we will all have four years to learn that.

I will pray for my president (yes, MY president), I want him to do well -for our country's sake. Even though there is little room for compromise I think we have an opportunity to teach the Left a lesson: how to loose gracefully and with class. We can support our president, not call him names, not ridicule the office. Of course that doesn't mean we have to agree with him nor does it mean we have to be quiet and not voice our opinions. It just means that when we think he is wrong ( and he will be- often) we can disagree respectfully and not be reduced to name calling. It's a lesson I'm trying to teach my very vocal, very political children. Yikes!
Here is HOPE-ing he doesn't mess things up too much. Here's HOPE-ing the people see through the "moderate" suit he put on and see the true liberal he is. Here's HOPE-ing our enemies don't see this as a perfect time to attack. Here's HOPE-ing people wake up to the fact that no matter what the question is more government is seldom the answer. And .... here's HOPE-ing I don't develop a four year ulcer.

3 comments:

Krista said...

I too will be praying for our president. I just HOPE the rest of the country does the same, that those that voted for our President-Elect realize that it's not Obama that will get us through these hard times but Him who we need to turn our hearts to to truly resolve the issues that are in crisis in our country.

I truly HOPE that Obama meant what he said when he closed his acceptance speech. "And God bless the United States of America". I HOPE those weren't just words but that he'll actually back what he said with the action needed to allow God to bless us.

I have much more I could say but it does set off the tension to think about it. So for now, and the next four years I know I can do all I can to support my country by being on my knees often, voting my conscience, and respectfully voicing my opinion.

Georgia Fish Henrichsen said...

Natalie,

I would like to propose a moratotium on political talk radio, both from the right and the left. I may listen occasionally, but I will shut it off as soon as there is name calling or rumor-mongering. I think we have had quite enough of that from both sides to last a lifetime.

Looks like Oregon has a new Democrat senator, plus the congressman from our district is a Dem as well. Don't hesitate to write them (as well as Widen) and let them know what you feel is important.

Most things have to go through the congress - can't be done by executive order. Abd maybe we should test in court some of those signing statements used by both Clinton and Bush.

Rusty

erin black said...

I couldn't agree more. I'm scared. But I'm also hoping he'll surprise me. (Hope doesn't have to be realistic, right??)