Friday, June 13, 2008

Tis the Season

This is a busy time of year for me because it's recital season. For my job I go to most of the dance recitals in the area. I enjoy watching kids who have worked so hard all year dance in their pretty costumes and living in that performance moment. I remember being a kid and performing in choirs, dance recitals, plays and loving every minute of it; the costumes, the makeup, the pre performance jitters, the lights, the applause. It's an experience I would hope every child would have. Feeling like the whole audience came just to see you, and you are that full of yourself that you actually believe it. That is childhood!

But, the best one of all is coming this weekend- Elle's recital! All the recitals are great, but of course Elle's in the BEST! So here is a warning.....prepare for lots of obnoxious pictures of my beautiful ballerina!

2 comments:

erin black said...

I was always sooooo nervous before recitals (only mine, of course!), but my kids are completely nonchalant about theirs. I don't get it! Maybe I need to put more pressure on them? lol
Bring on those pics! Can't wait to see them!

Jen said...

You have a great attitude about recitals... I could have learned a little something sitting through Maygen and Josh's recital Saturday grumbling about the crappy choreography and overpriced tickets!