Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I'm So Good it Hurts!

I am sitting here on a heating pad feeling old.

Last week my car fishtailed a little in the rain and I think I pulled something in my back. It's the only real thing I can attribute my back pain to. But, I didn't really notice it until the next day after my visiting teacher left. I must have been sitting in a weird way. When I got up after chatting I could barely straighten. So I spent a couple of days taking it easy and trying not to walk up and down the stairs, not bending over, not driving, but still trying to be productive.

The last time I hurt my back was a few years ago, from reading scriptures. Seriously. Reading my scriptures.

I would get up very early and sit in a corner of our family room near a lamp, with a pillow on my lap and my scriptures on the pillow. I would read all hunched over, morning after morning. Because I was so regular my back rebelled one morning. I loved telling people I hurt my back reading my scriptures. They thought I was kidding and waited for the punch line. Waiting.....waiting......waiting.....no punch line. That's what made it funny-I wasn't kidding!

So now I'm telling people I hurt my back visiting teaching. Living my religion may be killing me!

6 comments:

Susie Taylor said...

I suppose that that would be the way to go!!! Hope your back is feeling better soon.

Rusty & Georgia Henrichsen said...

Once I wrecked my back shaving. Yes, shaving. I was trying to get the fog off of the mirror, rubbing the mirror vigorously and OUCH!!

But now I can get a backache just from sitting on the floor or on a stool with no back - oh the joys of aging.

Rusty

Carina said...

this is your cousin Carina. Saw your blog posted in the FNM. How fun to see your whole family! I can't remember the last time we saw each other, but it was great to spend a few minutes reading a little about your life. I'll keep popping in on you. :) I think about you frequently when I talk to my little girl, Ella. Reminds me of your Elle. Hopefully she'll grow up with just as much personality!

http://ellasfanclub.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

It seems like there should be some spiritual lesson to learn from this, but all the ones I can think of end up being negative! So, chalk it up to getting old (I only say that because I am and you're older than me!) Hope you feel better soon. Watch your back when you say your prayers!

Jen said...

That is hilarious... At this rate, you'll be in a full body cast after girls camp!

The Little Red Hen/Empty Nest said...

i loved reading about your spiritual pains, Nat! . . . the ultimate self destruct is serving 40 hours in the temple each week and having all your joints quit moving from being frozen by the inspired addition of a/c to the experience. . . however did the pioneers get the work done for their ancestors without a/c?!
--grins from Guate