We spent the day today at the Woodburn Drag Strip. What the heck is that you ask? Since it's Oregon, and it's a place we took our family you'll have to go with the pre-80's definition of drag. So we spent the day watching drag RACING!
My Honey's work has a big day there, the entry is free, all the food is free and everyone races their car. We don't happened to own a race car, mostly because of our lack of disposable income. A very big factor in owning a race car. But, we do own a Durango; which has a V8, which in man/car language means it's pretty fast when you want to go fast down a drag strip. Not that I've ever wanted to do that, but I guess the men in my family wanted to. So they did.
They raced our family car down the drag strip.
You should have seen the big silly grin on my Honey's face after each run down that drag strip. It looked a lot like the big silly grin on which ever of our boys happened to be sitting next to him on that run. They were fast enough to beat five other cars, but not fast enough to beat the souped up, noisy, smokey dragsters that were the main attraction. I learned that the amount of noise and smoke produced usually determined how fast the car was. If our family car was noisy and smokey we'd take it to the shop.
We spent the day plugging our ears, coughing in the exhaust, watching the guys out guy each other, and eating ourselves sick. Not exactly my choice of activities, but my Honey had a great time and he was thrilled to have his whole family there. Oh the things we do for love!
Monday, June 2, 2008
The Things We Do For Love OR Oh Those Silly Boys
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I'm sure your guys had a blast. I think I would have brought a lounge chair with me, a good book and some chocolate! What an awesome mom/wife you are.
Having raced your Honey before, I know he loves speed and the thrill of the race. I'm sure he had a great time! Next time you should get behind the wheel!
Looks like you're both even now! Tell your husband that my mini-van can kick his Durango's butt. (As if!)
Post a Comment