
Yes, my title is a Bush reference. Deal with it.
Before the media had even begun to come down from their high after anointing Obama, I had my verdict in place. When my husband saw it on the back of my car, he asked if I was ready to be beat up. Yep, this being Oregon I know I'm going to hear about my political statement which is so opposite the hyperventilating masses here. I get a "response" on my opinion daily.
So when my Honey asked if I was ready to be beat up my answer was, "Are you kidding me?! Do you really have to ask that after being married to me for 20 years. Why do you think I put it on my car?"
Because a bumper sticker that says " I'm sticking my finger in your eye" just doesn't have the same effect.



5 comments:
You are a brave woman for standingup for your beliefs. We don't do bumper stickers here since your mother and I usually have quite different views on who should be in office.
It has been the opposite in Arizona, especially in the church - having a sticker supporting a Dem brings on those who would call me a baby-killer, appeaser, unpatriotic and even a traitor.
There is no shortage of namecallers on either side of the political equation.
By the way, I looked at the Nader website and found little that I object to. Wondering what your specific objections are.
Rusty
LOVE it! Especially since it doesn't say you're for McCain. Disappointed with our choices this year. I will be voting, but FOR SURE it WON"T be for Obama.
Way to go for swimming against the tide. I love politically savvy women -- you're great!
I love, love, LOVE it! But like Krista, I don't want to vote for McCain either (he's about to keel over, if you ask me!) Hmmm...what to do?
I'll be quite happy voting for Obama this fall, but then I am a pinko liberal commie. :)
Don't know what to tell you--write in? Has Ron Paul officially dropped out yet? Besides Nader/Green, there's also Bob Barr, the Libertarian candidate. Don't know if they're all showing up on Oregon's ballot, though.
Post a Comment