Ok, I'm not obsessing about our Sarah (ok, maybe a little bit), but after hearing about her theme song issue I started thinking.
Apparently Sarah Palin's nickname in high school was Barracuda, (that's just a little scary) so the Heart song 'Barracuda' became her theme song for the few days of the Republican convention. The song also made a FANTASTIC lead in on a lot of the talk radio shows I listen to (doesn't surprise you, I know) Well, the Heart gals were not happy about that. Here is a link to one story about that: http://www.tmz.com/2008/09/05/republicans-lack-heart
It's really too bad, because it's such a perfect theme song. I love Heart, and even saw them in concert here last summer; they were fantastic! My Honey has had a little crush on them forever, so we listen to them a lot. But, the thing about rockers is, they tend to not be Republican- or even like Republicans. The whole image of drugs and sex and lack of personal responsibility kind of fly in the face of everything Republicans stand for. So it's not surprising that the Heart Ladies weren't happy about their song being used as a theme song for a strong, beautiful, smart, funny, clever ......Republican woman. So Sarah needs a new theme song.
I used to watch 'Ally McBeal', before it got really dumb, and in one episode Ally goes to see a therapist, played by the amazing and very funny Tracy Ullman, who tells her she needs a theme song. “Something you can play in your head to make you feel better.” Hers was, appropriately, “Tracy” by The Cuff Links. I think it's a great idea! Not just political candidates need a theme song. We should all have one and play it in our head when we need a little pick me up. Of course playing it out loud works too, especially if you happen to have thousands of screaming fans and red, white and blue balloons dropping from the sky. I don't happen to have any of those, but there are days when I have screaming- not from fans, we call them teenagers at our house.
So, I am on the hunt for a theme song. I really like Barracuda, but I guess since I'm Republican I'll have to keep looking. Here is a video link for my mom who I'm sure doesn't know who the heck Heart is and has never heard of Barracuda. You're welcome mom. For the rest of you who already love Heart, after watching this video and picturing my Honey in the front row in all his teen glory, you will love Heart even more! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpkitLUbeEg
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Theme Song
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
For some reason, when I picture Double L-wyn in all his teenage glory my mind is full of mullet. Overflowing really. Somehow I just see him with one. Hi, Double-L!!
Well, I'm out of it but I do know who Heart is/are and I've heard of Barracuda! So anyway I think my theme song is either "Sweet Georgia Brown" (that's with two left feet, etc) or "On the Road Again".
Love you!
Mom
I really really really really hope you do a follow-up post to this--cuz I wanna know what song you came up with!!!
So what is your song? I'm going to have to give a lot of thought to mine.
I agree with you, we all should have a theme song, something to put a little bounce in our step.
Post a Comment