Today is my 20th wedding anniversary! My...twenty.....year......anniversary......!
Oh my stars, that sounds like a long time, and it IS a long time. But, as most married couples will tell you, it's a long time- as in they can't imagine life any other way. I can't imagine life as a single person, and I can't imagine not being married to my Honey.
I remember my mom quoting my unlce once, " the problem with life is expecting there to be no probems." That applies to marriage too. Married life is work. Some weeks it's work you enjoy, some weeks or years it's not. But you stick it out.
We know adversity brings growth. So the trick to marriage is not to pick someone who you will never have problems with, but someone who you want to work through problems with. If you do it right its great, if not- you stick around and figure out how to do it better. Then its great, or you work at it some more. Thats marriage.
Of course, there are bells and whistles, fireworks and thunder and lightning, the earth moving and all that. But those come after and between the problems. So, we're back to my theory of stick it out and work it out.
I'm glad I found someone who wants to stick it out with me and thinks I'm worth work'n it out for.
Happy Anniversary Honey!
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment