My oldest made a move towards adulthood, he moved out! He and a roomate set up their own bachelor pad, complete with a big screen tv and plenty of game systems. What more could an 18 year old want? Hmmm, a bigger paycheck for one. Part of being a grownup is learning to make ends meet or in some cases, learning to do without. It's a lesson some "adults" have a hard time with.
Last week I heard on the news that there was an Ecoli warning and recall for Totinos pizzas. Becausae I'm a good mom and concerned for my child's health, and knowing that Ecoli wouldn't be good for him, and knowing that Totinas pizza filled three of his four food groups, I gave him a call to fill him in on the news.
"Great..... I have a freezer full of them," was his first response.
"Well, throw them out," I replied. "At least they're only a dollar a piece."
"No, I'm just going to eat them. I don't want to waste the money. I'll be fine"
"Are you kidding me? How much will lost work and a hospital stay cost?"
"Don't worry Mom, I'll be fine"
Of course he'll be fine. He's 18! Immortal and immune!!!
But at least he is learning to make ends meet!
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Priorities
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment