I have two parents. Duh.
I have always thought of myself as my mother's daughter. Growing up people said I looked like her. I understood her, I knew she understood me, most of the time. I flet connected to her.
As I have gotten older I have been amused by the parts of me that remind me of my Dad.
Like when I get exasperated by my kids who can't turn off the light or tv when they leave the room. When I am more than a little frustrated by the spouse who is sitting next to the open door while the air conditioner is in overdrive trying to cool the neighborhood. I can open my bathroom drawer and tell right away that someone (Elle) has been rummaging around and I can tell whats missing. I like aftershave on a man (my man especially), I like kids to have opportunities to work hard. I notice personalized license plates (although I resist the urge to write them down). I admire men who open doors for women. I like Barry Goldwater. I believe in a flat tax. I'll read the paper and tell everyone in the room what I think of what I'm reading. I like to chat with cashiers.
I am my father's daughter too!
Monday, July 9, 2007
I am my Father's Daughter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Isn't it great that we learn from both of our parents - hopefully picking up the best from each.
Rusty
Post a Comment