Sunday, June 24, 2007

"He loves you and you love choclate"

My Honey did the shopping on Saturday for our Sunday dinner and I didn't provide a list so I knew that I would have to cheerfully accept what he brought home. I learned the hard way that this is a sore spot in our marriage. Me making a specific list and him not being able to read between the lines and bring home what I clearly indicated on the list! I am told that this is a skill that is lacking in many husbands. Now we both agree that if I am sending him to the store then I am willing to be happy with what he brings home.
That agreement does not extend to our daughter. When faced with chocolate cake with chocolate frosting today she was clearly within her rights to complain (Is she really related to me?) When I told her not to complain to me, that I wasn't the one who did the shopping she said it still was my fault because "he loves you and you love chocolate!"
I guess he doesn't need to read a shopping list after all!

1 comments:

Georgia Fish Henrichsen said...

Hi Sweetie! Love your blog! It will be fun to sneak in every once in awhile and observe the "rough stone polishing"!
I really love that Elle knows her dad loves you.....and that you love chocolate!!! Good work!
I love you best!
Mom