I am somewhere!
Okay, so I've always been SOMEWHERE, but I keep telling people I've never been anywhere. Now, I can't say that, because I've been to Boston. I am IN Boston. I am SOMEWHERE!
Elle is all plugged into her summer ballet program and I'm seeing the sites and enjoying the vacation time. I've been chastised about recording my experiences on my blog, and I'm grateful for that. I know this is an amazing opportunity and I need to keep track of it so I can enjoy it later.
Boston is big and I'll readily admit that I am a little ignorant of big city ways and big city modes of transportation. I'm so glad that I'm not driving a car! That would require me to know where I'm going, honk my horn constantly, and drive like a crazy person, and at times drive like I have a death wish. No car, no death wish, so, I've figured out the subway and bus system, the T, as it's called here. Everyone has been very helpful getting me on the right bus, right subway, and answering my dumb questions.
My favorite moment was my first time going through the electronic toll gate to get on the subway. After standing back and watching the process, I put my ticket in the right place and the electronic arms moved out of the way and I went through. So I head down the ramp and wait for a little bit, then after not thinking it quite through all the way, I walked over to a lady and asked her how they collect the tickets for the subway. No response. I'm sure she thought I was an idiot, but she was very polite and didn't say that. After a few seconds the answer came to me and I said out loud, "oh, I already put my ticket in, right?" Duh.
Boston lesson learned: how to get on the subway. Not as hard as I made it!
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Big City Transportation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Yay!!! We actually get to read about your adventure!!! I'm sure figuring out the subway and transportation is the biggest thing. Once that's down the door is open to endless sites to visit. Can't wait to hear about all you've seen and will see! LOVE YOU!
Isn't the subway great? Fast, crowded, exciting and it gets you there.
heehee--I can SO relate to that. It's kinda fun being wide-eyed though. That doesn't happen very often.
辣妹视讯聊天 , 辣妹视讯聊天 , 辣妹视讯聊天 , 辣妹视讯聊天 , 辣妹视讯聊天 , 辣妹视讯聊天 , 辣妹视讯聊天 , 辣妹视讯聊天 , 辣妹视讯聊天 , 辣妹视讯聊天
Post a Comment