Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Drive With Zel

I took a little drive with Zel today, in his zippy, red, Toyota Spider-convertible. We drove out to Scio, which is a little freeway and a little back country roads. The weather was nice so Zel had the top down, the sun was shinning, the wind was blowing. It sounds great doesn't it.

It was not.

I am not a fan of sports cars. AND I am not a fan of being a passenger of my 20 year old son while he is driving a sports car, on a nice day, with the top down.

I'm always a nervous wreck when I drive with Zel. He's a good driver, but I just can't relax. Why is that? Plus I have to work really hard not to say mom things like "slow down", "watch out", "be careful". I think when a mom says stuff like that the Y chromosome triggers a response of the exact opposite. So I just keep my mouth shut.

So, after our little drive today I can now say I have gone 100 mph, in a little red sports car, on a nice day, with the top down. I guess that's what happens when I keep my mouth shut.

2 comments:

Leslie Moon Face said...

I'm impressed! I wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut and I know my mom wouldn't have. I still won't drive with her in the car. She does the arm bar every time she sees brake lights. So you're doing awesome! tell Lazelle we want to see his zippy sports car!

Becky said...

Hahahaha! They find a way to get us no matter what we do.